The contact information of your Insurance Company can be located on the back of your issued card. When you reach them via phone or email, alert the representative that you:
1. ...Wish to check your "out-of-network benefits". *Please note that these may be different than "in-network benefits". Click here to download our official Insurance Benefits Checklist
2. Ask if you have a Flex Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) designated to help with costs.
3. What is the amount of your deductible? *Please note that a deductible is the amount you must pay "out of pocket" before coverage applies and each deductible varies with each unique plan.
A) Deductible Total Amount?
B) Deductible Amount Met?
1. Please ask if you need "prior authorization" or a treatment plan from your provider to gain coverage. Again, this feature varies with each insurance plan.
2. Inquire about the "Usual and Customary Fee" or the amount that the insurance company "typically" pays for each specific service. This depends on the provider's credentials and the service type. The service codes and provider information is found on the Detailed Receipts or "Superbills" that we provide you.
3. Inquire about the exact percentage of coverage. Note that we do not have a relationship with your insurance company so their coverage is based on their Usual and Customary Fee.
4. If you would like, contact us here and we are happy to provide any requested documentation.